Planning a short weekend getaway from Bangalore? Can’t decide where to head? Worry not! We’ve done the work for you, choosing some of the best destinations to spend a weekend near the city.
A trip to these weekend destinations will sure help you rejuvenate for the coming week! So, here are our picks of the 10 weekend getaways from Bangalore:
1. Badami: The Splendor of Ancient Rock Cut Architecture
● Located about 500 km away from Bangalore, Badami is known for its rock-cut cave temples.
● This is a very significant historical site that is certainly a must-visit for history buffs and admirers of historic heritage!
● Marvel the architecture and take a stroll through the bygone times!
2. Bannerghatta National Park: The Perfect Wildlife Destination
● The Bannerghatta National Park makes for an interesting weekend getaway from the city. Located merely 22 km away from Bangalore, this is a beautiful zoological reserve.
● This is one of the most popular tourist destinations near the city and houses a snake house, aquarium, and a safari park.
● Ideal for trekking and hiking.
● Do not miss the Butterfly Park, which hosts numerous species of beautiful butterflies!
3. Mysore- One of The Best Weekend Getaways From Bangalore
● Situated about 180 km from Bangalore, Mysore is one of the most exotic places to consider when you travel from Bangalore.
● The Mysore Palace is a beautiful conglomerate of Rajput, Islamic, and Gothic architectures. The Devaraja Market is famous for its sandalwood, spices, and silk.
● The ancient historic town of Srirangapatna situated nearby must not be missed either!
● Another place located nearby is the Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary, which is home to exotic species of birds.
4. Wayanad- Welcome to God’s Own Country!
● Welcome to God’s own country, Kerala! Wayanad, located about 270 km from Bangalore, is the perfect weekend destination.
● The place is known for picturesque tea gardens and lakes that offer a refreshing respite from everyday life.
5. Coorg- The Coffee Country
● Fancy a trip to the spice and coffee plantations? Head to Coorg!
● Located about 260 km from Bangalore, this is a charming place nestled amongst the lush greenery of the Western Ghats.
6. Hampi- The Lost Era
● This is the ancient capital of the mighty Vijayanagara Empire, one of India’s most powerful ancient kingdoms.
● The ancient city is located on the banks of the Tungabhadra.
● The Daroji Bear Sanctuary located nearby is home to the Indian Sloth Bear.
● Recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Hampi is situated about 370 km away from Bangalore and is dotted with ancient temples and structures.
7. Hospet- The Gateway to Hampi
● Known as the gateway to Hampi, Hospet is situated on the banks of the Tungabhadra.
● This is a historic site of great archaeological significance.
8. Hassan- The Ancient Land
● Located about 190 km from Bangalore, Hassan is an important historical site known for its beautiful temples.
● Do not miss the ancient town of Shravanabelagola nearby, which is home to the magnificent idol of Gomateshwar Bahubali- one of the largest monolithic sculptures in the world.
9. Bandipur National Park- The Abode of Tigers
● Located about 220 km from Bangalore, this is a beautiful National Park spread across 874 sq. km.
● Elephants, Chital, Peafowl, Tiger, Leopard, and Indian Giant Squirrel can all be spotted within the reserve!
10. Nagarhole National Park- The Wildlife Haven
● Situated about 220 km away, the park makes for an ideal Bangalore vacation to consider over the weekends.
● Several exotic species of flora and fauna can be seen in the National Park, which is a part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve.
Putting strings together
For you to beat the weekday blues, a weekend getaway is an amazing change to re-emerge rejuvenated and relaxed.
Weekends need not be boring! Pack your bags and venture out of the city this weekend to discover a host of beautiful places laden with historic, cultural, and natural heritage.
From National Parks to ancient archaeological sites, there’s so much to discover around Bangalore! Follow our guide to some of the finest places to visit near Bangalore and discover the magic!
So, what are you waiting for? Get, Set, Go!